Hey my Divine friends! Can you believe it? We made it through another Year! Well, we have three more days before we can fully count down to the New Year but we made it. I can hardly believe it. This time a year ago, I had a new baby. She’s almost a fully functioning 1-year-old toddler now (LOL). Walking, talking, making decisions, setting goals, doing her own thing. Unbelievable! During the last year in fact, I had zero downtime. I thought during maternity leave I’d have “time”. I thought that once she started walking, I’d have more “time”. Time for what? To relax? No. Time to do more. For a while, I had an attitude about what I thought I’d get to do with the gift of “time” but I’ve changed my mindset and I embrace and enjoy every moment. As we get ready to enter the New Year, I want to encourage you to embrace the true GIFT of TIME.
I can think of hundreds of things to do during so-called downtime..
- get organized
- clear the clutter (physically and mentally)
- call the person you’ve been putting off or “meaning to call”
- read that book or article you have sitting on the desk
- write that chapter in the book you’ve been wanting to write
- watch that webinar that’s sitting in your email (before it expires)
- go on that date
- take your mother and father out, separately
- clean out your junk drawer at home or in your office
- work on 1 goal, just 1
- affirm yourself, then go affirm someone else who needs it
- write your 1st blog
- write your business plan
- go volunteer your time somewhere
- get a makeover
- sign up for school or a fun class
- go for a walk
- go talk to someone if you need to – a coach, a mentor, a counselor, your Pastor. Stop holding it all in.
- let go of a grudge – just let it go!
I think you get it. Friends, I just want you to make 2017 the year that you stop talking about it and start “being about it”. It’s not about making New Years resolutions. It’s simply about taking one step each day to transform your life. It doesn’t have to be a major move either. One simple step, each day.
The gift comes at the end of the day, week, month and finally at the end of the year. At the end of 2017, you get to celebrate YOU and all that you’ve accomplished. That’s the amazing part. No more beating yourself up about what you didn’t do. No time for should’ve, would’ve, could’ve’s. Each day we have the GIFT of time. The GIFT of LIFE! Use each day to EMPOWER YOURSELF to achieve and succeed. I don’t know what success looks like to you, but I’m confident that it has a look and I can’t wait to see you looking GRAND!
Peace & Blessings and here’s to the HAPPIEST NEW YEAR!
Are you a passionate Mompreneur, Entrepreneur, executive or administrative professional who needs help building your business or career profile? I’m devoted to consulting businesses on administrative strategies to help them run more effective and efficiently and to coaching women and Mompreneurs to their GREATER existence. Feel free to connect with me by email or @TheDivineExec on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter for empowerment, inspiration, tips and tools!